Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Oops .... been a while

Well I have been busy sewing so I should have blogged before this, I just forget to take pics, so I finally got my butt into gear and here are my latest projects.

I got my embroidery machine fired up and did this really cute butterfly and phone stitchery and then made it into a door stop. One of the ladies from the Saturday class suggested we make a doorstop, as she has problems keeping her French doors open to let the breezes in. They don't have aircon so they definitely need the breezes. A very easy and simple project.

Julia (Teacup Quilts) got a free pattern for a small suitcase on the net and thought it would be a good idea to do in classes, I thought so as well and proceeded to get it made up. I ended up making 3, each one with different wadding/stiffening in them. I only have pics of 2 so I will have to post the other one later.




The pattern suggested using 'Peltex' for the stiffening. The designer also puts Duc cloth and heavy interfacing with the Peltex. When I got myself organised to do this it was a Sunday and I didn't have any Peltex. Could have gone to Spotlight to get some but decided to use Bag Wadding which I had and thought would work well. I thought right, it did work well along with putting Duc Cloth and Interfacing with it. I was also able to sew it all into the seams even if it did make it quit thick. The Peltex is not able to be sewn into seams so they tell us and I have never tried. Actually I don't think I have ever used Peltex.

The suitcase with the cats on I made using "In R Form" foam. It works well but I think needs maybe a fairly heavy interfacing as well. I didn't use anything other than the foam. I also left the corners square which I tend to like better than the rounded corners - a personal choice I expect.

I have made one using the Peltex, Duc Cloth and Interfacing but have not taken a photo of it and it is in my car which is at the dealership being serviced so I will get a pic and post it tomorrow maybe, more likely Thursday as I am working all day tomorrow. I am filling in for Debbie who is on holidays in the UK.

This next bag is also a free pattern from the net. It is a great size and great for taking things to classes. I have so many bags to take things to classes in, it is no wonder I get confused as to where half my stuff is. I am always looking for something and usually find it in one of the many "class" bags I have.


I need to rest up as I am looking after a class at Teacup Quilts tonight. These people who go on holidays ..... hurry back Debbie the girls need you.


Well that is it for me today.
Keep Smiling







3 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely bags

Susan said...

Very busy Jen - and love the suitcases - but the real question is - what is the best option?? I know the problem about so many bags.

Jen said...

Good question Susan. The one I liked best was the first one I made using the bag wadding, the foam one was good too and the ladies in the classes are opting to use the foam. The one I liked least was the one with Peltex.